Sunday, March 9, 2008

Running From Cancer - The Reason

One of the great philosophers of our time, Kanye West, once said,
'and that that that that don't kill you can only make me stronger'.

Today marks 4 months since my last chemo session.

In 6 months time I am going to run in the City to Surf and intend to take all of you along for the ride!

You are all a part of the next stage of my therapy, seeing as I don't really do counselling, group therapy or bark munching so if you'd like to join in, sign up here!

You are not required to contribute anything in the way of answers, cures or money. You just need to believe that I will make 14km (including Heartbreak Hill) and that getting across the line in Bondi will mark my next great milestone.

If I can do this, it will mean that 2008 will be defined by how well I can do, not by when my next scan or check up is, not by how many days I am 'in remision' or the time since my treatment ended.

Strap in....it all starts here........

No comments: